Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Top 10 Girls on Idol

That '70s Show

Carly Smithson
Song: Crazy on You
Judges? Randy said the beginning was problematic but it came together at the end so it was "aight." Paula said she could tell that Carly loves Heart and she was amazing. Simon said it was a much better performance than last week, but Carly has not chosen the right song. But he said when she does, watch out.
I think: Literally the first time I have been impressed by her.

Syesha Mercado
Song: Me and Mr. Jones
Judges? Randy said Syesha should pick songs that use her voice well. She struggled on the softer notes. Paula agreed that she is not as good on the softer notes, but she liked it. Simon said it was a bit indulgent and silly because the song wasn’t written for a girl. He was put off.
I think: OK, it must be acknowledged that she can do a baby cry. Cree-py. But I still love her.

Brooke White
Song: You’re So Vain
Judges? Randy said it was a great song choice, but she didn’t bring much to it. Randy and Paula thinks she was singing to Simon. Paula said it was perfect for her. Simon said he absolutely loved it, and it was one of the rare occasions when the singer and song matched.
I think: I really want to hate this skinny blondie, but she is pretty good.

Ramiele Malubay
Song: Don’t Leave Me This Way
Judges? Randy said it was just OK because the song choice was off. Paula said Ramiele is one to beat, but the song didn’t allow her to perform her magic. Simon said astonishingly he agrees with Paula, and the song bugged him because he’s heard it so often at “ghastly weddings.” She is also one of the best three singers, according to Simon.
I think: She is so adorable, and such a wonderful singer. I thought she was better than they did.

Kristy Lee Cook
Song: You’re No Good
Judges? Randy said it’s 100 percent improvement from last week, and he liked it. Paula said “you’re back” three times and it was a good song choice. Simon said he couldn’t remember what she sang last week, and this is more memorable. Simon also thinks she should go down the country route and it will serve her better.
I think: I think I know what they mean by “pagaenty” now. She’s competent, but just doesn’t move me.

Amanda Overmyer
Song: Carry On Wayward Son
Judges? Randy said it wasn’t the right song choice and there are too many instrumental breaks. Paula said she has to do what is right for her, and this wasn’t it. Simon felt in the film she was natural and then everything felt contrived, including the “terrible hair.” He couldn’t wait for it to finish.
I think: She is way off key. I mean, I can hear it. She’s gone.

Alaina Whitaker
Song: Hopelessly Devoted to You
Judges? Randy said the song was wrong for her and she sounded pitchy in the verses. Paula said she could tell she loves the song and she did a real good job. Simon said he likes her but it’s as if her grandmother prepared her for the audition. It’s too old fashioned.
I think: Alaina and Kristy Lee cancel each other out. Still, she sounded good with this song.

Alexandrea Lushington
Song: If You Leave Me Now
Judges? Randy asked her “what did you think?,” and she said “it’s over!” Randy said she didn’t challenge herself enough. Paula said she did let go. Simon said he was a big fan of hers early on, but she is struggling now. He said she is stuck in the time period.
I think: I don’t think she brings anything to the table.

Kady Malloy
Song: Magic Man
Judges? Randy said she never found the pitch and it didn’t work. Paula said when she powered up she sounded great but on the soft notes she lost it. Simon said he’s frustrated because her film is so great but then when she came out she was a bad imitation of Christina. Simon said she also has to find the right song.
I think: This is the third blondie. I can’t tell them apart. They bore me. And she’s out of tune.

Asia’h Epperson
Song: All By Myself
Judges? Randy said considering how hard the song was, she did well. Paula said it was great even though she had some problems. Simon said it’s a diva song and she just didn’t pull it off. It was too big for her.
I think: I don’t think she could have picked a worse song if she tried. Terrible.

Tonight's highlights: Carly, Syesha, Brooke, Ramiele

No comments: